Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Help after surgery

Hello all. My surgery went well this morning although it took a lot longer than they thought it would. Hopefully it works as there is a 75-80% success rate. I have to admit I am in a lot more pain than I expected. You just don't realize how much your face touches things (pillows, kids hands, etc). I obviously can't sleep right now because I am in a lot of pain and the medicine is not doing the trick. It may also be because I slept until 5pm tonight after my surgery. :) There is so much I can't do. I have to fight through the pain to swallow as that uses my jaw muscles. I can't even pucker up to kiss the boys or drink from a straw. Anyway, I need help in finding yummy foods to eat the next 3 weeks. All I could eat today was yogurt and I know that is going to get old fast. I tried to eat soup but couldn't get my mouth open enough to fit anything but broth in. I am hoping as the swelling goes down I will be able to eat more soft foods. So if you have any yummy soup or shake recipes or other ideas of "soft" foods, please let me know. If you don't want to comment on this post you can use my sidebar on the blog to email me. Thanks for all of your help.

2 comments:

Kate said...

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I bought those Betty Crocker potato side dishes, like Au Gratin or Cheesy Ranch. Anyway, after they are all cooked, you can put them in a food processor or whip them with a hand mixer and they are quite delicious mashed potatoes. A little thinner, so you can suck them up a bit. Good luck and fast healing!

Amanda said...

I echo Kate's idea of having those mashed potatoes! You could also make a smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt, o.j. and a banana. The boys and I have those all the time! :) I hope that your surgery was totally successful and that the pain goes away fast! I enjoyed getting caught up on the blog, Jymme-Lyn! You are so good at blogging! :)