Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Reptiles, insects and earthquakes...welcome to California

So everyone has warned us about rattlesnakes, tarantula season, black widows and earthquakes. For one, I am deathly afraid of snakes. I break out into hives when I see them. I hope that I don't run into one. There are signs along walking paths on what to do if you run into a snake (don't run, pick up your children so they look taller, etc). Ok, if I am walking the boys in a stroller, how in the world would I get them both out and hold them. I am taking off running! We have killed two black widows already. I worry about William picking up reptiles outside. I probably shouldn't blog this for Scott's pride but he never reads this anyway:) I found out that he is just as afraid of reptiles as I am. He was cleaning up after grilling out the other night when he ran across this guy (pictured). He was on top of the grill cover. It was so funny watching Scott pick up the cover and drop it over and over again trying to get up the courage to finish what he was doing and hope this guy didn't jump at him. Well after almost 30 minutes, he gave up and came inside. He told me that I could go out there and put the cover on if I wanted it on the grill. I told him he knew I wasn't going to do that seeing that I was afraid of reptiles. And then he admitted he was too.... The grill cover still sits on the ground:)

Well we experienced our first earthquake and yes we are ok. The media made it sound so much worse than it was. And the cell phone towers were turned off so we couldn't communicate with anyone. Scott had to get under his desk at work. I was mopping the kitchen floor when it happened and I thought a car ran into our house. When the shaking didn't stop, it hit me what it was and I took off for the boys. But it ended as soon as I got to them.

I am glad Big Brother is not on tonight. I have a computer again so I am trying to catch up on everything.

No comments: