Thursday, September 1, 2011

1st Day of PreSchool

The boys first day of preschool was on Tuesday. They changed the start date and they moved up the first day one week. They asked to go to the dentist instead of school on Tuesday. Great thing their perception of the dentist changed! They were ok until we got there. In summer school, they were in the same class. We walked into where the 4 year old class was last year and William's name wasn't on the roster. When I asked, they said they have another class in the next building. Well change for Will is not exactly a positive thing. He thought he was going to be in the classroom next to Harry's classroom. So William started crying that he was cold (it was 100 degrees outside!). So the principal heard him and came out to sit with him until school started so I could check Harry in.

Harry was ok until it was time for me to leave and then he started crying. Now Harry doesn't just cry. I don't say this to be mean but it is rather cute. He has the most pathetic little cry. He puts one hand on his forehead and then the other over his eyes and he pouts his bottom lip. It will definitely make you cry.

When I picked them up Harry said, "I only cried for a minute and then I was fine." William said, "Mom lets wait to talk until we get in the car." With that line I was a little nervous. But when we got in the car a huge smile went from ear to ear with excitement and then he said, "Mom, it was great! God created new friends and he sent them to my school!!! And some of those friends have brothers and sisters and they might become my friends too!" I can't tell you how sweet he is and how proud I am of him just for hearing things like that! So I would say the first day of preschool this year was a success!


1 comment:

Martha said...

Harry looks so different with short hair!... but as cute as ever! I love what William said about his day!