Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1st Day of Summer School

William loves school now but if you remember, he had a hard time adjusting. In fact, it took over 4 months of preschool before he stopped crying bloody murder when I dropped him off. So I didn't want to keep him out of school for the entire summer. They are learning about the North and South Pole over the Summer. I didn't think Harry would be a big problem but to avoid the adjustment period like last year I thought it would be good to enroll Harry for the summer session as well. This is pretty funny. I obviously had my kids very close together in age. 12 months and 10 days apart. Well because of their age, they are in the same class for the summer session! Here is William showing Harrison around the room. Last Tuesday was the first day. Harrison was not very happy. He was crying when I left. The teachers told me when I picked them up that the boys were so cute. William's eyes welled up with tears when I left but then he saw Harrison was crying. He took a deep breathe (as to know to be strong for his little brother) and he turned to Harry and said, "it's okay, mommy always comes back." And William made sure to include Harry the entire morning in everything he was doing. Since then it is so cute when I drop them off. As soon as I say good-bye, Harrison grabs William's hand.

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

OMG i'm almost crying..that is SOOO PRECIOUS! Glad they are enjoying it and probably good they are in the same class for Harry's first time...definitely good for them since they are with you most of the time! :) They are getting soo big!!