Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Open Wide

Well I put off taking the boys to the dentist for some time now and knew I couldn't get away with it much longer. The problem is that our insurance doesn't cover a pediatric dentist and Scott and I are both not fond of our dentist. But with time ticking, I knew I had to get them in. Everyone there knew this was the boys first visit and they were very nice to them. They blew up gloves as balloons. This poor xray guy made William throw up by sticking a film too far down his throat:) And because so he only xrayed Harry's front teeth. William was super great! The dental hygienist even told me "he is such a great fun kid." He listened and gave good responses. His best response had to be, "my pawpa said he would knock my teeth out and they would go boom, bang, bang, explode! And then he will knock your teeth out too!" Oh Pawpa, thank you for all your goofing around. Who knew that this would be the time William would mock you!

Harry, on the other hand, wasn't very excited to see the dentist! Can you tell?

So we left cavity free for Harrison (not that they could tell because they didn't do xrays of all his teeth or exam them very good) and William has two cavities. He goes back August 5th to get them filled with a little help from some laughing gas! I can't say this was the best experience because Harrison was not having it, William threw up on someone, William has to go back, they took 2.5 hours on us making us wait, and they didn't even give the boys a toothbrush when I promised the dentist always gives their new patients new toothbrushes.


So we went across the street to CVS and bought new electric toothbrushes.


Who knew this would be a big hit. Their game to play last night was dentist. Harry was instructed to put part of the floss container in his mouth as William held the soap box up to his cheek and "clicked" to take a picture (taking xrays). William came up to me last night, "I brushed my teeth with the tickle brush, then my dinosaur brush and then Harry's toothbrush." Who knew one visit would make them want to brush their teeth so much. And it's not like brushing our teeth is something new! But just so you can see the excitement, this is what I found when I checked on the boys before I went to bed...

Sleeping with his toothbrushes.




1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

ahhh i can't believe William threw up..they should totally have small inserts for the kidos! AND i seriously can not believe they didn't atleast give out a toothbrush..wow! We take DJ to my dentist and they try to make it kid friendly but i'm sure not as fun as the pediatric ones! Love the pic of William asleep with his toothbrush..haa!