Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Good and The Bad

The good is that after nearly 10 weeks, I am off of crutches and onto a cane.  And yes it is a pink blinged out cane with rhinestones :)  After my lovely silver fashion statement and tennis shoes or flat shoes for almost three months, I felt I deserved a little pretty cane.  My knee is healing very well.  I can start to ride the stationary bike.  My doctor was funny.  He said, “Now Jymme-Lyn, I think I know you well enough.  Well I tell you, you can ride the bike, that does not mean get on for an hour and a half.  It means ride for 5 minutes and see how you feel the next day!”  He does know me well. So I am healing well and hopefully by the end of summer, I may get to start running again.  crutches and cane

Bad news:  I seriously cannot get over this.  My first Mother’s Day present was my awesome D60 Nikon camera.  I LOVE that camera!!!  When we were getting ready to go to Palm Springs for our vacation, we could not find it anywhere.  We finally figured out that we think we left it at the X Games downtown a few weeks ago.  With me on crutches, Scott has been responsible for carrying everything (camera, backpacks, my purse and the boys hands) so I can’t blame him at all.  We called Nokia Theatre, Staples Center and Katsuya and of-course none of them have it.  If that isn’t worse enough, our little Nikon camera was in the bag along with about 20 SD cards of the last 5 years and Harrison’s little card from the hospital from when he was born.  So I have my blog for past pictures but it is so heartbreaking.  Nokia has our number so please pray that it turns up although from past experience (losing camera at 6 flags), I don’t see that happening.  We are not good with cameras.  Good thing the iPhone has a pretty nice camera on it because that is all I will be using. 

No comments: