Saturday, February 18, 2012

Updates...updated ;)

What a crazy week! The time in the hospital was trying but went super fast too. We are so fortunate that we have such a great support system and all of your prayers. My sickness had gotten really bad that I went to urgent care Thursday night (mom’s nurse urged me to go). I have a sinus and respiratory infection. I also had to have an EKG to make sure everything was ok with my heart. Luckily it was and I got out of there with just antibiotics and Mucinex. I still feel sick but am finally getting my voice back. When I spoke to the boys on the phone, they would ask who I was because they couldn’t recognize me with my voice. Today I have a horrendous migraine on top of it all. This Missouri weather is really hard to adjust to.

The most fantastic news we got was on Thursday afternoon. My mom’s pathology report came back and she is CANCER FREE!!!! God has a plan for everything and either way this could have gone, my trust is in Him fully. These results could not have gone any better. They removed the entire tumor and it was stage 3 cancer. Her lymph nodes came back completely clean! Praise God for such wonderful blessings. We are very fortunate and blessed. Mom’s blood pressure has been scary high (190/106) but it is coming down at times. Please continue to pray for stability with that. They discharged her yesterday from the hospital (days early). I’m not comfortable with how early she was released but what makes her happy is important. She is recovering extremely well. She is not feeling well today after her drive home yesterday and not resting enough. And she tore one of her incisions. So she has to be reminded to still rest even though she is in the comfort of her own home.

The nice thing is that because she was released early, I was able to see the rest of my family this weekend. Not to mention that I got to spend some time with Stephanie and Jason (Scott's youngest sister) a few nights while in Springfield. I spent last night at my sisters house and got to spend time with her, her husband, my brother and all my nephews. It wasn’t expected to see them and I haven’t seen them in over 15 months. My nephews are changing so fast and growing up. Two of them already have their driving permits. I remember the day they were born. So crazy how time flies by. And just so happened that Becky (one of my best friends from high school) also drove down to see her family this weekend so I got to visit with her tonight. I did miss seeing my great friend Martha while in Missouri. Our paths came so close in both springfield and West Plains but it never worked out. So the trip home was bittersweet because of the circumstances but it was nice to see some family and friends since that part was not planned.

William and Harrison were sad today because Gramma and Grandpa Archer left today. I know they had a lot of fun with them and it was nice so they had that distraction because I have never been away from them for more than 3-4 days. They even took them back to Disneyland yesterday. They are so spoiled. I fly home tomorrow and am extremely excited to see them.

I ask that you continue to pray for my mom and a full speedy recovery. Thank you so much for all of your support. I cannot tell you how important and how much I appreciate it.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I just read this! I don't know how I missed it before. I'm still sad we didn't end up seeing each other but maybe next time. ;) I'm happy your mom is doing so well!