Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Cruise

Last week Scott and I took a cruise on the Carnival Paradise. It was a local cruise. We left out of Long Beach and our ports were Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. Here is the bad part. We bought a new camera two weeks ago. I hadn't had time to transfer the pictures over to my computer yet and we took 99% of the pictures from this trip on that camera. Yesterday we went to Six Flags and what do you know? We lost the camera!!!! We went to Lost and Found several times and nobody turned it in. Scott believes he left it in the bin at the security check in but they didn't have it. So I just keep praying we get a call and somebody turned it in. I keep beating myself up for not transferring the files and it sucks we just bought the camera. In the mean time, here are the pictures we took with our cameras.

First drinks...
We ordered champagne and strawberries the next day. Look how pretty!
In Mexico, we purchased a joint excursion. La Bufadora (the blowhole) and a tour of a winery. Here are the views from the blow hole.


Oh yeah, the flea market while walking to the blow hole. OMG, there is a pharmacy on every corner and you don't need a prescription. It is too crazy for me.

The blowhole in action.


I took pictures of the pictures we had taken-ha. Here we are getting off of the ship in Catalina. We worked out every day on the cruise-yes we are dorks but with eating as much as we did, we had too-ha. The views from the gym in Catalina were worth working out :)


Our elegant night pictures. We actually dressed up every night and this cruise was very casual. But it is fun to dress up. I think we were the most dressed up on the cruise. The elegant night was fun. And I have to toot my own horn as I got "the best dressed" that night. It was fun receiving all the compliments after being a mom that doesn't get the opportunity much to dress up.

The cruise was a lot of fun. It was so nice to have the "couple" time we needed after Scott being away for work for three weeks. It was a nice break. The kids had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa and we are thankful we were able to go. Fingers crossed that I will have another post with more pictures but I won't hold my breathe. I think the other camera is gone for good :(

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am so sad about your camera!! I would be so upset. I'm glad you still had some pictures, though. The cruise looks like it was a blast. I'm jealous.

Hey, I was worried about you all with the tsunami. Did it affect your area at all?