Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Medical Update

Well the appointment I was really excited about, you know that one that I was on the waiting list for 6 months? Yeah that one. They called the day before and cancelled on me. The Doctor is sick and won't be back for a few weeks. They said they would call me at the end of the month and reschedule the appointment. So we are just waiting a bit longer.

In other news, I did go to the Gastroenterologist last Tuesday. I had an endoscopy of my upper GI tract yesterday. I was really nervous about being put under and was trying to not stress about it. The findings were: LA Grade A reflux estophagitis, Chronic gastritis (this was biopsied), Hiatus Hernia (stomach moves into the esophagus) and a biopsy of the duodenum. I won't get the results from the biopsies back for a week. He thinks it is possible the hernia is causing my chest pain. That's my update!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Wow. So are there treatments you can do? Medicine?

Kristen said...

I'm not even sure what all of that means. :( I just want you to know that I think of you often. I hope you get some answers soon.