Thursday, December 16, 2010

To confuse a toddler

Imagine taking your two and three year old back to Missouri. Along the trip, you pass by different houses and tell your children, "hey there is where (insert mommy or daddy or both mommy and daddy) used to live." After about 10 houses, what do you think they were thinking?

This was Scott's old house before he went to High School. The house on Emerald Lane. Ahh our Alma Mater, William Jewell College. Cardinal is her color, Jewell is her name. High upon a hill she stands, And we will fight to keep her fame. Loyalty, Allegiance, Alma Mater true, We will love thee, Serve thee forever, William Jewell.
Eaton Hall- The dorm Scott lived in his first year.
Ely Hall-the dorm I lived in my first year.
Browning Hall- the dorm I lived in my second and third year of college. It was the only co-ed dorm on campus. Of-course I jumped at the opportunity to live in the dorm with three floors of guys and only one floor of girls :) ha.
My room--the last room on the top floor all the way to the right (the one with the Christmas tree in the window)--making me proud :)
The old Kappa Alpha house- the house Scott lived in his second and third year of college. This is now the Pryor Leadership Development house. That was both mine and Scott's minor in college-famous for our Outward Bound trip to the Everglades.
The new KA house-Scott never lived there. They built them our senior year when you didn't have to live on campus anymore.
Ahh, Water Street. The place I live my senior year with April, Kara, Julie and Shanna. Yeah, it looked so much better ten years ago. Not that it was great then but way better than this!
There were a few other houses we went by. Scott lived in several houses during the summers of college. We passed a few. And then the house he lived in his senior year on Booth. But I forgot to get my camera out then.
The most nostalgic house was OUR house on Furlong in Raymore, MO. This was our first house together. We bought it two months before we got married but I stayed in my apartment until the big day. And we didn't sleep in our master bedroom until the night after we got married :)
I'm a little sad that it doesn't look as nice as it did 7 years ago. I guess the new owners don't care as much :(
It could use a new paint job. Ahh the memories.

No comments: