Monday, October 11, 2010

Incentives

We tend to struggle time to time with the boys sleeping in our bed. I so wish we had a California King bed and not a Queen. I think we have tried just about every incentive or trick to get them to stay in their own bed at night. I even think they wake each other up to come in together :) We even thought about putting a queen size bed in their room so we have somewhere to go when they come in. My back is killing me. So last night I made chocolate chip cookies. We told the boys that if they stayed in their bed all night that they could have cookies after breakfast. William even came in at 4am and told me he was ready to get up and wanted to eat cookies. Luckily he went back to bed. So this morning after breakfast, they boys received their treat....cookies! And because this picture reminds me, Harry is so funny when he prays. Every night we say a prayer. We all bow our heads and hold hands. Harry, on the other hand, does exactly what he is doing in the above picture but with his eyes closed. We try to pray without laughing but just to see a little two year old look like he is praising Jesus is pretty comical.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good trick! I'm all about doing whatever is needed to get a good night's rest. :)