Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jamie Foxx looked at me!

Ok so I swore I would never be star struck but it happened. Our friends, The Whiteleys, were in town this weekend and it was really nice to hang out. While Dusty and Scott went to Santa Monica to watch the Mizzou game, Kristen and I hung out around Simi Valley. When we got home, there were a line of cars on our street and a limo outside. My response, "Jamie Foxx is here." I had heard about it but haven't seen him yet. He fathered the 14 year old girl directly across the street from us. He takes her to different events (you may have seen her at the Oscars a few years ago). So as we pulled in, he made direct eye contact with us. He was outside taking pictures with Corinne and her friends. Kristen and I were both in a state of shock but new we had to get a picture. I mean come on, he is an Oscar winner. So we plotted...should be walk over and ask him to take pictures with the kids? Should we let Belle out knowing she would run over to where the crowd of people were? Everything we thought of made me think I would be a noisy neighbor. Just as we plotted, another neighbor came over to tell me Jamie Foxx was across the street and he thought us being from the Midwest, we didn't see this stuff all of the time. He was right. So we finally got the courage to just go over there and say hi. And as we made our way, he got in his Silver Range Rover and drove off. Our guess is that it was Homecoming at Corinne's high school and he brought his limo over for her. Anyway, I don't have pictures but maybe Christmas time, I will get the courage to go over and say hi. And while we regretted not doing anything, Scott was hanging out at the bar with Dusty and Kerr Smith. Scott was talking Utah ski slopes and had no idea who he was until Dusty's brother filled him in. Kerr was Jack on Dawson's Creek and played in a handful of movies. I still say our experience was better :)

On another note, Brad our neighbor from Utah sent us this picture this morning. It is of our house in Utah and they woke up to a surprise this morning...snow. So crazy that it has cooled down this weekend to 75 degrees here and will be in the high 90s next week all while Utah gets some snow.
And the tree we planted in the front yard last summer looks so big now. Oh missing Utah:(


2 comments:

Martha said...

That's awesome! I'm a dork and get excited if I see the newscasters from KY3 news at Wal-Mart. :)

Kristen said...

I just told the Jamie Fox story to my co-workers this morning... they were all impressed! :)

I'm glad that you guys didn't have any fire damage. That was scary! I can't believe how fast it spread.

We had a great time hanging out with you guys! Hopefully we'll be able to get together with all of the boys next time! :)