Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back at home

The boys, Belle and I came home this afternoon. The Sesnon fire is close but I think we are going to be just fine. It smells like someone is burning leaves outside but not necessarily in a good way. It is an overpowering smell that hurts when you breathe it in. There are ashes everywhere. My chest is still hurting really bad from yesterday. The good thing is that the fire is now on the other side of the 118 Freeway from us so it is unlikely it will jump the freeway. It is loud at our house as dozens of helicopters continue to fly over with their water drops. The other good thing is that it doesn't smell inside our house like it did yesterday so it is manageable to stay home now.

How crazy. I never thought when we moved to California that we would experience all of these things within a 3 month time span (earthquake and fire). I like California but come on, can you throw us a bone here?! And now that there is this fire, we can expect all of those fun animals and creatures to make their way into the neighborhood (scorpions, rattlesnakes, more spiders, coyotes, etc). At first I liked that we were so close to the mountains (3 houses down) but now....I don't know.

No comments: