Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Running!!!

Well clearly I cannot catch up on the blog.  There is so much I would love to post but it would take forever so I am just going to do a few for now.   After my knee had healed from my prior injury this year, Scott and I started running together.  We started with a mud run.  This was a first for the both of us and it was extremely fun.  It was a 3 mile run with tons of obstacles and of-course…mud!  We dressed up 80’s style with our team. 

photo 1 photo 2 photo 4photo 5Our “Mud Buddies” cheering squad!

photo 3 And afterwards!

  photo 6 photo 7William and Jaxson did the children’s mudrun.  Actually William did it 3 times because he loved it so much. 

 photo 8 photo 9 photo 10 photo 11

Then we entered a 4 race Winter trail series.  Each race was a trail run here in Simi Valley and was roughly 5 miles each.  photo 12 photo 13 photo 14

And both of us placed 2nd in our age division overall. 

photo 15

It was a lot of fun and nice to see parts of Simi we haven’t seen yet.  We also signed up for the Great Race in Agoura in March.  It is a half marathon (13.1 miles) trail run. 

No comments: