Monday, November 5, 2012

My birthday

Alright I am updating the blog in absolutely no particular order.  My birthday this year was not great.  LOL  I only say that, not because I am not thankful, but for the events that had happened.  On my actual birthday, Harrison was sick so I was up the night before with him taking care of him and doing breathing treatments.  So the day of my birthday Scott stayed home with him while I went to work half asleep.  The weekend before my birthday, Scott made a huge surprise for me and arranged a babysitter for the boys while we took the train to Santa Barbara.  train 

It was nice to get away.  We hit a couple wineries.   wine

Our plan was to have a nice lunch but we decided to hit the beach first.  Well….we had been so exhausted from beginning our new routine of me working and everyone having added responsibilities that we BOTH fell asleep on the beach and missed lunch.  Not to mention, we didn’t put on sunscreen so we woke up with huge sunburns.  That’s ok, we have the memory.  The worst part was that we got stuck on the train for an additional 4 hours because of a tragic accident.  Our train had hit a passenger and killed them.  The young girl was walking on the tracks and didn’t hear the train.  The conductor said she was looking down at her phone so we assume she had ear buds in.  It wasn’t something anyone should experience.  The conductor did an amazing job at keeping us all informed but you can hear in his voice his guilt after seeing it happen.  He couldn’t slow the train down in time.  So we were delayed on the tracks for 4 hours while the investigators came and there was a switch out of all employees.  So now you can gather why my birthday wasn’t the best.  I am VERY THANKFUL for my amazing family and how spoiled I am. 

 

Harry is at a fun age.  He opened my presents while telling me what was inside of them :)  I just loved that.  Don’t expect to keep any secrets in our house! 

presents

No comments: